Being authentic requires managers to make important decisions around vulnerability. Does a manager decide to be personal and connect with the team through empathetic and social interactions? Or does a manager choose to be impersonal and avoid socialising with staff?
Managers who pursue a balanced approach are capable of using boundaries and empathy to connect with their teams. They possess the capability to be more vulnerable, more realistic, and more authentic as leaders. These are managers who are able to galvanize teams in a very transformational way to reach objectives. Research on Authentic Leadership demonstrates how leaders who choose vulnerability, internal development, personal transformation and an awareness of their story and brand are able to generate consistently positive results for organisations over the long term, over managers who are numbers driven, impersonal, and more extrinsically motivated by material outcomes.
Authentic and Transformational Leadership delves into the work on positivity, flow and how to create successful leadership in teams. It concentrates on separating your story of your past (a compilation of judgements, biases, and experiences) from your brand and what people say about you as a leader.
This course is a highly motivating experience for managers. It helps managers become leaders by offering strategies to create more inclusiveness in leadership (such as mentoring options for team members) and helps managers get unstuck from difficult and challenging situations using a 5-step process.
- Review your story- how do you view your life and experience?
- Distinguish the differences between managing and leading
- Learn how counterfactuals are projections we make up about reality that aren’t true
- Understand that being authentic is being accountable
- Develop your personal brand
- Look at integrity in your life – how is your internal compass working?
- Get unstuck from difficult and complex situations using a 5-step process
- Learn how to manage to mentor as an inclusive team strategy
- Become more accountable as a leader
- Develop more confidence around your story and how it has held you back from emerging as a powerful leader, or helped you become more resilient as a person
- Explore your brand as a vision for moving into your future
- Access your internal compass as a way to trust your decisions as a leader
- Differentiate between when to be a manager and a leader
- Develop criteria for distinguishing mentorship candidates and which strategies to use as motivation tools
- Understand how authentic leadership is a bottom-up process, not a top-down process, and why inclusiveness is an essential morale booster for teams
Excellence in Resilience Approach
The Training is delivered in a relaxed and flexible manner with plenty of opportunity to pose questions and undertake discussion. Practical exercises will be used to illustrate the importance of changing the brain as a method for making better decisions, and taking responsibility for one’s actions.
All delegates receive a comprehensive workbook with additional exercises.