The Brain Detox: Improving Resilience in the Brain
This is the UK’s most advanced resilience training, using neuroscience research to help delegates improve resilience, mindfulness, leadership and peak performance. The course has 10 effective and easy steps delegates can use on a daily basis to change brain-wave states from higher levels of stress, to lower levels of mindfulness and relaxation.
The Brain Detox: Improving Resilience in the Brain is a researched-based resilience training system bringing to your team the latest breakthroughs in affective neuroscience, positive psychology, mindfulness, and organisational resilience.
This course targets the latest research in neuroscience to empower delegates to: improve concentration, communicate more effectively and purposefully, be more organised, and feel more inspired. Overall, the course is designed to help managers and staff to understand the importance of changing brain-wave patterns by inventing healthier strategies that promote success throughout the organisation. The course offers easy-to-use techniques for enhancing mental focus and stamina on a daily basis. Both the staff and manager modules of the course offer specific skills for developing stronger leadership abilities, problem-solving skills, and effective communication tools.
- Learn factors that contribute to healthy brains
- Understand how to increase brain size and improve your brain’s abilities by 10 percent
- Learn quick ways to relax and improve work performance by improving your awareness
- Learn exercises to improve brain health and overall mental performance
- Practise methods to reduce stress, improve resilience and mindfulness
- Complete written exercises to improve work and life habits by examining negative thinking patterns and understanding their negative impact on work-life balance
- Learn to be more aware of negative thoughts and practice techniques to change thinking in seconds
- Discover how quickly the brain can change simply by changing your focus
- Learn how to improve mental stamina and concentration-skills that reduce mental fatigue and stress
- Learn how to improve communication skills through mindful awareness and mastering the brain’s cycles
- Understand brain-wave states and how to keep yourself in the ideal range to improve morale, productivity, and health
- Learn how to set boundaries as an effective strategy to change the brain and stay healthy
Neuroplasticity is the science of how you can change your brain by changing your habits, changing what you focus on, changing what you do and how you do it. In the field there have been approaches that focus on building cognitive skills like improving memory, dexterity, coordination, and physical balance. These approaches would be considered more psychological.
The unique advantage of The Brain Detox: Improving Resilience in the Brain is its core principle that thoughts, behaviours, emotions and memories are not just part of our psychological make-up, but part of our biological design as well. Thus, “biology affects psychology and psychology affects biology”. This is more of a bottom-up approach to understanding how the brain works, as our biological states of stress affect our ability to function well at work by negatively impacting our abilities to focus, problem-solve, and stay motivated. A stressed-out manager is not as patient with a team as a mindful and relaxed manager.
The Brain Detox: Improving Resilience in the Brain offers a top-down approach to changing the brain through its many written exercises, its open and engaging presentation and frequent encouragement of delegate discussions and participation throughout the course. But what makes this course so effective is that it is one of the few resilience courses that pursues a bottom-up road to changing your brain.
A top-down approach uses mainly cognitive exercises for changing thoughts. The top-down strategy tends to keep the brain at a higher frequency of brain-wave measurement commensurate with regular learning environments, which can sometimes keep stress and anxiety levels high. In essence, top-down approaches to brain change can cover a wide range of material but not teach the importance of mindfulness and relaxation in the learning process. A busier mind is not necessarily a healthier mind.
The bottom-up approach uses mindfulness, breathing, and eye movements to help reshape the “core” of the brain. Mainly, bottom-up approaches concentrate on building skills that help delegates learn to pay attention in a different way, in a more relaxed and stress-free way that is consistent with lower frequencies of brain-wave patterns. Studies have shown these bottom -up mindfulness techniques have become the most effective way to keep the brain stress-free, healthy, and in control of moods, by teaching the brain how to relax, organise and prioritise quickly.
Healthier brains within your organisation mean better results, higher productivity levels, lower absenteeism, increased morale, and better communication between management and staff. The Brain Detox: Improving Resilience in the Brain offers your organisation an opportunity to get managers and staff “on the same page” as it relates to company targets, goals, and productivity levels by understanding that changing behaviour is as simple as changing your brain. If there is resistance between teams or individuals, this is the course that helps them understand the importance of keeping the “bigger picture” of the company’s goals and objectives in mind.
This is the perfect course to learn crisis-intervention and mediation strategies to help an organisation stay focused, on target, and resolving conflicts quickly and effectively.
- To help teams work more efficiently by learning more-effective communication styles based on neuroscience.
- To empower staff, managers, supervisors and team leaders with the ability to understand how quickly negative situations or stressful thinking patterns can be turned around to create consistent and productive results in any environment.
- To teach staff, managers, supervisors and team leaders how to be more resilient by changing how they focus their attention and how they can take control of their thoughts and moods.
- To teach delegates how to use their existing strengths to empower areas where they may be weak, and to learn that changing negative habits can lead to weaknesses becoming strengths.
- To empower an organisation to create a healthier environment for employees by understanding the tenets supporting the growth of the brain, and understanding the factors that contribute to brain-shrinkage through stress
The training is delivered in a relaxed and flexible manner with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. Practical exercises will be used to illustrate the importance of changing the brain as a method for making better decisions, and taking responsibility for one’s actions. All delegates receive a comprehensive workbook with take-home exercises to keep up their brain-changing practices after completing the course. There are also comprehensive power-point slides, with facts and information, graphs, and actual brain scans that teach delegates in a hands-on way how brains actually work.
Who is it for
- Staff members, managers, team leaders and supervisors.
- Anyone who is involved in customer services, call-centres, sales and marketing, project management, administration, accounting and finance, technical support, product design, information technology, municipal services and social services.
- We’ve designed The Brain Detox: Improving Resilience in the Brain as an engaging and motivating course to teach managers, supervisors and staff top-down and bottom-up approaches to changing the brain. In our experience, companies face challenges maintaining a talented and motivated workforce. Keeping employees healthy and morale high are also big challenges. With organisational challenges in mind, empowering managers with skills that help them manage more effectively, and build team spirit among staff that improves the overall performance of the company or division is what is at the heart of this course.
- Step 1: Change Your Brain Cycles
- Step 2: Activate Your Brain Bank
- Step 3: Take Control of Your Habits
- Step 4: Be Aware of Your Thoughts
- Step 5: Know the Secrets to Neuroplasticity
- Step 6: Understand the Secrets to Left and Right Brains
- Step 7: Practice Mindfulness as the Brain’s Big Secret
- Step 8: Activate Your Second Brain
- Step 9: Change Your Brain-Wave Frequencies
- Step 10: Know You’re in Control